Friday, June 15, 2007

Learning on the Flat-Iron Building


Daniel Burnham and John Wellborn Root was the architects of the Flat-Iron building, which was completed in the year 1902.The building has 22 stories which streches to the aproximate height of 285 feet and 87 meters. The exterior color of the buiding was limestone which stands out the Beaux-Artstyle. It includes many Greek columns. This Building is very unique to be stamped in between the narrow of the 5 avenue and Broadway. What i find so interesting about the building is the actual triangular shape. I think it is significant because it makes the block stand out. If i were to change the building I would add a clock perhaps on the top and have a roof top lunch deck. I remember the only time i have been in that building was when i went to the Sprint PCS store which is the base floor.

No comments: